Rip Esselstyn is a firefighter who has seen the devastating
effects of a poor diet at every shift. He’s seen heart disease, diabetes,
cancer, strokes, and even 600-lb people who need help being lifted out of their
And that was one of the reasons he wrote The Engine-2 Diet, a New York Times
bestselling diet book that incorporates the same principles many champion
athletes use for energy and stamina – and does so without using any weird,
where-do-I-find-these kinds of foods. It also doesn’t include any meat.
According to Rip, Americans are programmed to believe they need flesh and dairy
in order to survive, when nothing is further from the truth. So he says it’s
important that we wean ourselves off the “bad” while training ourselves to
discover and enjoy the good. And Rip says once you see how great you’ll feel
after you start eating a better diet, you won’t want to go back. And in this
audio, you’ll hear all about it.
You’ll Also Hear…
• The myths and truths about protein, vegetables, trans fat, sodium, sugar and
• How erectile dysfunction is related to diet and heart disease -- and how to
• The big myth about milk – could 2% really mean 35% -- and more surprising news
• The 4 things you need to concentrate on when reading labels
• 8 tips that will help you prevent most chronic Western diseases
• The truth about oil (even olive) – and a few good-tasting substitutes to use
According to Rip, eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite
foods like pizza or desserts; it just means you won’t have all the guilt or
sugar-crashes. And in this audio, you’ll hear how to do it.